Dear Fellow Retreaters:
We're a little over a month away from our Retreat and there are several details that still need to be addressed:
1. Rachel Taylor and I would like to have a meeting on Sunday, MAY 21 with all those that are considering signing up for any activity. We'll meet in the Fellowship Hall after service. At that time we will put final numbers together to submit to the Camp for our activities. Also, there is a Release Form that needs to be completed for anyone doing an activity, so please go to "sacramentocamp.org" to complete that form for you and your children. It's located under the Activities/Events tab. However, if you don't want to do an activity, feel free to bring whatever games you'd like to bring as there will be others who aren't doing activities as well. The Gift Shop will be open to us on Saturday, June 10, 3:00-4:00pm and they take cash or credit cards.
2. If you haven't paid for your accommodations by then, please make arrangements to do so. Gene and I will be out of town from 5/30 to 6/4 so I'd like to have the money collected before we leave. Thanks!
3. We will meet at the Camp on Friday, June 9. I have a map for anyone interested since GPS in the mountains isn't always reliable. The website also has a map you can print off. I recommend you plan on making the drive in daylight since it gets very dark when the sun goes down. If you'd like to caravan, please let me know and I may be able to help make that happen. It's approximately a three hour drive.
4. Our first meal together is in the Dining Hall at 5:30pm. We are sharing the Camp with another large group so we can meet in the small dining room to the left of the buffet line or on the patio outside. Those staying in Forrest Lodge will be able to get in their rooms mid-afternoon. I hope to have the room assignments completed and in your hands before I leave town. The RVers and Tent campers can get there as early as you want to get set up. Remembering that it is first come, first serve so please plan accordingly. You don't have to check in at the office but no meals are served until dinner at 5:30. If you aren't eating in the Dining Hall then our first meeting together will be at 7:00pm in the Chapel. Be sure to bring your bibles!
5. DON'T FORGET TO BRING: Bible, jacket, flashlight, bug spray, sunscreen and chairs (if you want). If you bring snacks it's best to keep them in your car so as not to attract unwanted critters. Cell phone service can be spotty depending on your service provider. You can be reached at the Camp's number (575) 687-3414.
If I have left something out that you need to know, please text me or email.
I look so forward to spending this time with you all!